1) Your past is just a rearview mirror, glance at it but don’t let it be a road map. There’s only so many things that yesterday holds that today cannot answer.
2) Love created in the backseat always finds a way of jumping out of the window.
3) Your want to be everything at all times is admirable, but don’t let it consume you. Do what you have to do for yourself, because in the process of doing right by yourself you are able to do right by another.
3) That idea that’s been tinkering in your mind, no matter how wild — follow it. There are no dead ends, just roadblocks.
4) Love isn’t saying ‘i love you’, show it in everything you do. This includes loving yourself.
5) Don’t be afraid to let things end. Everything has its time, and your time is precious — value it as much as you want others too (and then twice times that).
6) No is a complete sentence — you’re the only person you owe an explanation to.
7) Not everyone will like you, they don’t have to. Be comfortable with the person you are at the end of the day, that’s the only thing that matters.
8) Call your mother, she has the answers that you don’t even know you’re looking for yet.
9) Forgive. The burdens you’re holding on to by harboring the past isn’t helping you.
10) You are your own muse and inspiration. Everything you need is inside yourself.
11) People will fail you. When they do, don’t bring up the time you didn’t fail them. They’re already thinking about it.
12) Please, please, please don’t be too hard on yourself. You aren’t perfect but your mistakes make you unique and add to your ever evolving perspective and identity. Cherish it.
13) Your energy and effort never goes unnoticed, it may just be unspoken. Keep on.
14) You have seen hate and called it love, seen love and called it like, and even seen friendship and called it something more… Don’t be in a rush to label something. Make your intentions crystal but pressuring another person to do what you want for the sake of your comfort won’t always have favorable results. Respect their process and understand that not everything is meant to be, no matter how beautiful it may seem.
”—advice that no one has given me so i’m giving it to myself // notes to self, 4/3/14: (via naturallydope)